Appealling An Old Ticket That Has Been Already Payed For?

mcfly_10

Appealling An Old Ticket That Has Been Already Payed For?

Unread post by mcfly_10 »

Okay i got two tickets while i had my g1 license last year. One was for driving at an unlawful hour and another was not with an qualified driver. Was told that it was nothing and to carry on, and so i did payed both tickets. But now since my brother got a car i have to get my self put under the insurance aswell but because of those tickets it affects the rates? How would those tickets be considered? major or minor and i was driving at a unlawful hour 2am to be exact but my friend who was passenger had a full G license for 4-5 years. So would i be able to appeal that ticket? after i payed it and it has been a while now. If i can appeal it what is the process and it waas york region :shock:

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

You have 30 days to reopen a matter after a conviction and require a valid reason to do so. To the best of my knowledge, your reasons wouldn't be accepted in Court.

As for the G1 violation, the fact that a full G driver was with you is irrelevant. They should have been driving, not you.

Contact your insurance provider to find out what kind of impact those convictions will have on your rates as it varies. They're probably minor, but the fact you have two as a new driver could result in a significant rate increase.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

Unread post by Simon Borys »

You have 30 days to reopen a matter, but after that you can still appeal a conviction. You still need a valid reason to appeal or your request will be denied and I agree with Stanton that I don't see the argument in what you're saying.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.