best part? this all happened in front of a cop!
Anyways, the story is exactly that- but there pre-story is that I in fact combated my fatigue by
2) Consuming an energy beverage
These acquisitions can be proven by my witnesses that were present.
I was the Designated Driver and I in fact had not been drinking at all (0.00 BAC)
I don't think that I should be charged for careless driving since I did take precautionary measures to prevent fatigue at the wheel. These methods have never failed me before, but I guess that day just wasn't a lucky day.
I have two options;
1. Meeting with a prosecutor (Will my charges be dismissed?)
2. Trial (How strong is my evidence?)
I don't want my Insurance to rise nor do I want to pay a hefty fee (490$)
I don't think I'm guilty for this misconduct, also, I don't remember going to sleep*
* My father has a history of blacking out [Actually had to get his license suspended for this] that may have been what happened- is this something I can rectify my trial with?
I uploaded my "Portfolio" which is what I will use as my evidence against the issue- here is the link: Portfolio.doc - 3.1 MB
If youre serious about present this defence, Id suggest consulting with a paralegal who may be more familiar with case law and better able to present your defence to the Court. In regards to any type of medical defence, the onus would be on you to prove it and would likely require a doctor, etc. to testify on your behalf. Also beware, if you argue you have a medical condition that results in blackouts, your licence WILL be suspended for that very reason.
So to answer your questions:
1) Dismissed, no. Quite likely youll be offered a plea deal to a lesser offence.
2) Again, Id consult with a paralegal if youre serious about fighting the charge outright.
The state that I was in was not in a sleepy state at all though that's the issue.
After awaking from my nap, I was not tired. Especially after consuming the Red Bull. To the extent that my teeth were chattering from the surplus of caffeine.
I remember coming up to the intersaction
"That's not the way to my house"
I don't remember the blank, and I rectified it as sleeping because I couldn't say anything else in the moment- it seemed to be the only plausible solution.
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest