A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

fusion13

How To Check Your Demerit Points?

by: fusion13 on

Does anybody know how you can check the status of your Demerit Points and how many you have collected over the last two years?

I just received a ticket as I was travelling through Barrie and am debating whether or not to fight it. My decision will be based on whether or not an infraction I received a year ago came with Demerit Points.

Any suggestions would be great!

ponyboyt

by: ponyboyt on

i went to that link and the only option i had was to pay $2 to see if the license is valid. So i paid the 2 bucks to see, all it says is i have a valid license... I too would like to know if i have any points.

Greatest Canadian

by: Greatest Canadian on

If you get a ticket and settle out of court by paying the ticket without proceeding to trial, no points can be added to your driving record.

Read my Dermit Point Scam thread.

OTTLegal

by: OTTLegal on

Just search under

"Ontario Demerit points"

for the link

Chris Conway
Retired Toronto Traffic Officer, Hit & Run Squad Detective,
Breathalyzer Tech, Radar/Highway Patrol
Licenced Paralegal
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

fusion13 wrote:Does anybody know how you can check the status of your Demerit Points and how many you have collected over the last two years?

I just received a ticket as I was travelling through Barrie and am debating whether or not to fight it. My decision will be based on whether or not an infraction I received a year ago came with Demerit Points.

Any suggestions would be great!

If you know the charge you got last year, you can always double-check with our Demerit Points System Table

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
cruzmisl

by: cruzmisl on

Greatest Canadian wrote:If you get a ticket and settle out of court by paying the ticket without proceeding to trial, no points can be added to your driving record.

Say what????

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

Greatest Canadian wrote:If you get a ticket and settle out of court by paying the ticket without proceeding to trial, no points can be added to your driving record.

Can you provide any authority for this? Because lots of people here can provide plenty of anecdotal experience that this is NOT true.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Simon Borys wrote:Can you provide any authority for this? Because lots of people here can provide plenty of anecdotal experience that this is NOT true.

"Greatest Canadian" was a nutty user here who talked to himself in an attempt to prove his theories and pass them off as fact. He was the type of kook who would probably try to convince you paying taxes were voluntary or illegal. Ignore his posts.

Post a Reply