Are They Cops Or Cowboys?

Chingo

Are They Cops Or Cowboys?

Unread post by Chingo »

I can understand a cop making a traffic stop, but i can't understand that they would go to any length including wreckless endangerment to stop the alleged perpetrator.

I received a ticket for 50 over recently and will be fighting it with an 11(b) and a mistake on ticket. They put down did commit the offence of XXX in a XXX Contrary to H.T.A. Section 172.1 which is nitrous etc.. on machine (which i did not have). However, during stop on rural country road. No traffic, late at night, clear conditions.

I am on my motorbike westbound, when i notice an object moving into road ahead. I immediately started braking, when on come lights and i notice it is a cop. He is now blocking my path causing me to swerve right and into a parking lot just missing his car. Here i find 4 tow trucks and another cruiser. I was charged with stunting as above and they took my vehicle. The cop that pulled in front of me almost killed me and for what. Because i am such a bad guy because i allegedly was breaking the law. I find this totally insane. It is one thing to stop you another to kill you for doing something wrong. Their job is to serve and protect. Not endanger your life. I have since charged the officer and wait for a verdict.

A warning to all others, watch out for the cowboys they think their above the law, and even though there were witnesses, not one will come forward. But then i guess the boy's in blue have to stick together no matter who they hurt.

Ontario is now a POLICE STATE and they are judge jury and executioner so WATCH OUT! GUILTY NO INNOCENCE here. :twisted:

Everyday i see cops breaking the law, but i guess it is a do as we say not as we do. Holier than thou syndrome.

It get's better, they force me to give my bike to a tow truck driver who then extort's higher fee's than legal. I went to the local township and got the rates and threatened action if he didn't give my money back, which he has since done. What a province we live in. Now they want to pass BILL 117 what is next.

I now do all riding outside this province and try to spend as little time and money here as possible. I go to places where they treat you fairly. I don't mind paying to play. I just want to keep my life.

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

Chingo wrote:wreckless endangerment .

this happened in the US?

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Chingo

Unread post by Chingo »

No this happened in Ontario and it's not the first time. I am no saint but why do they alway have to use their cars to run me off the road.

WELCOME TO ONTARIO A POLICE STATE!
Your guilty and there is no innocence.
Bookm

Unread post by Bookm »

Haven't you heard? McGuinty/Fantino want to remove any trace of testosterone from the male public in Ontario. We are supposed to all go out and buy a Toyota Prius, stick at least 3 pens in our shirt pocket, and don't forget the white tape on your black-framed glasses!

At least one judge has ruled that the mere act of traveling at 150kph is, in and of itself, a hazard. I guess the vehicle is prone to spontaneous combustion at that speed or something.

I think the more aggressive style of todays OPP can be attributed directly to Julian Fantino's "tough-guy" personality. He blows hundreds of thousands of dollars painting cruisers black and white to look meaner and project the image of ZERO TOLERANCE.

So many folks are getting impounded (police included) that it doesn't even mark them as dangerous outcasts any more. In my mind, all it has done is demonstrated that many, many responsible, intelligent, hard working contributors to the community and otherwise law-abiding tax paying citizens are being treated like *EDIT* by the same government they made the mistake of voting in.

There was no public groups out actively campaigning for sweeping changes (like MADD was re: drunk driving). This was completely devised and implemented by government officials. Ontarian's were duped into believing the result would be an end to competition style street racing and all out ricer duels on the 400.

Squishy

Unread post by Squishy »

Bookm wrote:There was no public groups out actively campaigning for sweeping changes (like MADD was re: drunk driving). This was completely devised and implemented by government officials. Ontarian's were duped into believing the result would be an end to competition style street racing and all out ricer duels on the 400.

I'm not so sure about that. Although there are no organised groups that I know of, in the years before the bill was introduced, GTA newspapers always seemed to have something (either news article or editorial) on street racing. Two incidents, one where a cab driver was killed in Toronto and another where a couple out for a weekend dinner in Mississauga were killed, seemed to have the most staying power in the minds of the public. That had to have contributed to this bill. I bet someone somewhere got a bunch of letters.

I wish they had spent this effort on MTO licensing requirements. Stricter tests, mandatory re-testing, the ability to place drivers back into probationary status following serious accidents. Those are all revenue-generators, too.

Bookm

Unread post by Bookm »

Squishy wrote:... GTA newspapers always seemed to have something (either news article or editorial) on street racing.

If it's a GTA problem, then they should have come up with a GTA solution. Not all of Ontario.

Squishy wrote:Two incidents, one where a cab driver was killed in Toronto...

Can't comment, don't know about that one.

Squishy wrote:... and another where a couple out for a weekend dinner in Mississauga were killed.

The innocent victim was later determined to be DUI and the kids were found to be driving much slower than originally accused. But none of this new information was released and the bill was passed based on these alleged incidents.

But that was the "flavor of the day" when considering new traffic laws and safety initiatives. Eventually, interest will fade and some new initiative will be the focus of authorities (like life jackets worn by ALL passengers aboard ALL water craft at ALL times).

Squishy

Unread post by Squishy »

GTA is the centre of Canada, don't ya know. We're lucky no changes were made to the Criminal Code. :shock:

I think truckers are in danger of becoming the new HTA "flavour." Them, or cyclists.

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

Bookm wrote: He blows hundreds of thousands of dollars painting cruisers black and white to look meaner and project the image of ZERO TOLERANCE.

This was the best thing that happened to. Moral instantly increased. A B&W is more visible as a white car blended in with so many others. Now a two tone car stands out amongst all vehicles, hence we are see more often than "blending" in. US tourists also immediately identify who we are with a two-tone car.

BTW OPP is not the only two tone cruiser either....Waterloo Regional, St. Thomas, LaSalle have started to switch to blue and white. Windsor PS is a combination black and white with their new graphics pattern.

The decision was also based on a Florida study into cruiser collisons, less collisions occurred with two-tone cars, cars with "barrier graphics" on the rear, and a silhoutted image at night from the side.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

Squishy wrote:We're lucky no changes were made to the Criminal Code.

Actually, there were changes made to the Criminal Code by the Conservative gov't in 2006. They specifically created:

- Dangerous Driving (Street Racing), section 249.4

- Causing bodily harm by criminal negligence (Street Racing), section 249.3

- Causing death by criminal negligence (Street Racing), section 249.2

Most of the street racing incidents in Ontario were in the GTA, but Canada-wide, they were also having a problem in Metro Vancouver. The mechanisms to deal with the problem were already in place thanks to the feds, but the Ontario Liberals decided they wanted to take credit - so they came up with bill 203.

hwybear wrote:Windsor PS is a combination black and white with their new graphics pattern.

Thunder Bay is going to B&W scheme too.

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

Radar Identified wrote:
Squishy wrote:We're lucky no changes were made to the Criminal Code.

Actually, there were changes made to the Criminal Code by the Conservative gov't in 2006. They specifically created:

- Dangerous Driving (Street Racing), section 249.4

- Causing bodily harm by criminal negligence (Street Racing), section 249.3

- Causing death by criminal negligence (Street Racing), section 249.2

also "Flight from Police"249.1

Reflections

Unread post by Reflections »

Radar Identified wrote:Most of the street racing incidents in Ontario were in the GTA, but Canada-wide, they were also having a problem in Metro Vancouver. The mechanisms to deal with the problem were already in place thanks to the feds, but the Ontario Liberals decided they wanted to take credit - so they came up with bill 203.

So, when is it going to be about "racing" and not about speeding?

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
ticketcombat

Unread post by ticketcombat »

From the Star article:

Even the elite OPP officers who guard Premier Dalton McGuinty are careful to obey the speed limit
Elite OPP officers???

Just who are these pie throwing protesters, former navy seals???

Fight Your Ticket!