A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Squishy

by: Squishy on

An old auto teacher of mine told us of his run-in with the law at a stop light. This one car of his had front/rear split brake circuits, and he installed a line lock to keep his front brakes on. He had a 'Cuda at one point, but I don't think this was with that car. Stopped at a red light, the car beside him revs their engine. He flips on the line lock and proceeds to do a full standing burnout right at the intersection. Halfway through, he hears a knock on his window and a uniformed officer is standing right outside with a smirk on his face. He slowly backs off the throttle and rolls down his window. Turns out that there was an unmarked cruiser stopped right behind him at the light which took the brunt of the burnout smoke. :lol:

This was back in the Good Ol' Days so the cop basically said "stop that" and left. 8)

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Squishy....had that similiar thing about 7yrs ago......went to a possible impaired driver call, driver lost it and went into a soybean field (spring time no crop), so driver i sitting there spinning the tires, turning the steering wheel, I knock on the window....looks at me, rolls down window and tells me..."I'll never catch up" and guns it....mud spraying...not moving......he was a little "over" the limit....looking back, wish I would have just started doing "laps" around the car....just to see the look on his face!! :lol:

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

hwybear wrote:Squishy....had that similiar thing about 7yrs ago......went to a possible impaired driver call, driver lost it and went into a soybean field (spring time no crop), so driver i sitting there spinning the tires, turning the steering wheel, I knock on the window....looks at me, rolls down window and tells me..."I'll never catch up" and guns it....mud spraying...not moving......he was a little "over" the limit....looking back, wish I would have just started doing "laps" around the car....just to see the look on his face!! :lol:

Had you done a lap or two around the vehicle, your laundryman would have hated you for all the mud on the uniform!

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Squishy wrote:You should have jogged in place alongside his window, yelling "Slow down!" while grabbing your hat to keep it from flying off.

Excellent!!! At least I would not be sprayed with mud.....and get my real boss (home) really really pissed...althou I think she would tell me to put the clothes where the sun don't shine if I tried that! :lol:

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

hwybear wrote:Squishy....had that similiar thing about 7yrs ago......went to a possible impaired driver call, driver lost it and went into a soybean field (spring time no crop), so driver i sitting there spinning the tires, turning the steering wheel, I knock on the window....looks at me, rolls down window and tells me..."I'll never catch up" and guns it....mud spraying...not moving......he was a little "over" the limit....looking back, wish I would have just started doing "laps" around the car....just to see the look on his face!!

Squishy wrote:You should have jogged in place alongside his window, yelling "Slow down!" while grabbing your hat to keep it from flying off.

You two owe me a keyboard. I just fired the coffee that was in my mouth all over my desk. :lol:

Post a Reply