admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

Police Officers Have Been Told To Issue More Traffic Tickets

by: admin on

Winnipeg's police officers have been told to issue more traffic tickets, in part to increase revenue.

And a union representing cops says the move could hurt their efforts to curb the city's gang violence.

Police Chief Keith McCaskill said last night he -- and he alone, without input from Mayor Sam Katz -- recently made the call to patrolling officers and to those in specialized units to step up enforcement against speeding and other Highway Traffic Act offences.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/winsun/09080 ... ve_ordered
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

Looks like courts will get swamped there...

Seriously though, cops write more tickets to get more revenue -> more people contest their tickets -> more overtime for the cops -> even less revenue ends up being there to fight more important stuff, like drive-by shootings.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

racer wrote: even less revenue ends up being there to fight more important stuff, like drive-by shootings.

More deaths across Canada in traffic fatalities compared to all criminal stuff put together.....so direct the attention to where the most deaths occur...on the hwys.....

drive-by-shootings...they are driving a vehicle, so they will have more chance of being stopped....compared to the "walk-by shootings" :D

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

In Winnipeg I'd be more concerned about getting shanked by a dealer/beggar/pimp than by getting run over by a soccer mom. Depends on the city.

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
Reflections

by: Reflections on

FiReSTaRT wrote:In Winnipeg I'd be more concerned about getting shanked by a dealer/beggar/pimp than by getting run over by a soccer mom. Depends on the city.

Momma bears and their cubs..........

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

Lol... A bit o/t, but I had a bit of a confrontation with one of those.. Smoking at a gas station (but I was like 10m away from the pumps and I think the safety regulations state 3m) and she pulled in with her brood, numerous enough to fill up a full-sized minivan. When reasoning didn't work, I just ignored her until she brought the manager. At that point, I instructed him to read the sign on the pump.

The scary part is that momma bears or this world dictate the laws and the gas station managers of this world (personality-wise, not profession-wise) make sure they get passed even when they're unreasonable and illogical.

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
Post a Reply