Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
michaelgreaves

Failure To Obey A Sign

by: michaelgreaves on

Gentleman and Ladies,

I need your assistance. This morning I rec'd a ticket for making a right hand turn during an unallowed time. The officer mistransposed both my license plate number (off by 1 digit) and the expiry date (he wrote '10 instead of '09). Does this void the ticket?

I appreciate all responses

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Short answer: No. There has to be a very serious error on the ticket for it to be voided. All of the mistakes can be fixed/amended unless they're something like missing offence date, missing defendant name, missing offence, or something like that.

There are other ways to fight this, however. What city did the offence occur in and was the sign something that said indicated no turn "7AM-9AM MON-FRI"?

Bookm

by: Bookm on

Fatal errors are those that would make it impossible for you to mount a proper defense (such as wrong statute listed), or are SO bad as to suggest the officers lack of judgment or observations would put his credibility in question.

The two you mentioned are minor and would be amended by any JP at trial.

michaelgreaves

by: michaelgreaves on

Thank you for your quick response.

What other ways are there to fight the ticket?

Yes, the sign said Mon - Fri No Right between 7-9am. I received the ticket at 845

Thanks in advance

ticketcombat

by: ticketcombat on

Your ticket is toast.

Basically the sign has to be in French and English and in Toronto it isn't. That means the sign is invalid. But unless you know that, you will be ticketed and convicted.

So request a trial, request disclosure and prepare for trial. Here's the seminal case that started it all: http://www.yourbestdefence.com/illegal_ ... _case.html

It's a little hard to understand. A full explanation is on my site (Step 5 -->Bilingual Defence). Sorry, I'm not allowed to link to my own site but the site link is on my signature below.

Fight Your Ticket!
Post a Reply