A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Andre1997

Disobey Sign Ticket Wrong Way Any Help Would Be Appreciated

by: Andre1997 on

Hello I received a disobey sign ticket that was obstructed by a construction sign and other sign was partly under some tree. I have photos I plan on using in court I wanted some advice and see if I have a chance of getting this dropped, this is the first time I'm going to trail for a ticket the first ticket I received for speeding was 2 years ago and I stupidly did the early resolution and received a 70 doller insurance increase anyways I hope I can get some pointers on this and how I should address everything, including how to speak to the judge, I'm due in court in a few days.

I also plan on discussing my current situation with a job I recently am trying to do, basically I applied for a tow truck flatbed driver and I'm not allowed to have more then 1 traffic related conviction on my personal record due to my age 22 years they usually only take 25 and up but made an exception for me because of my previous experience in CAA, I just recently saw progress and I'm just waiting for CAA to accept me and transfer me to this new contractor I've been waiting for four(4) months ro get into this job, but I already have 1 ticket on my record I will get instantly fired if this other ticket goes on my record.

I'll upload photos as soon as I figure it

The first photo it looks visible I understand but theirs two key points I plan on using, the photo was taken across the street I was standing so this point of view is different then when your sitting in a sedan, also theirs some writing at the bottom of the sign that says MON - SAT which is clearly not visible

Zatota

Posting Awards

by: Zatota on

Try to get some photos that would show the same perspective as you had in your car. The problem I see in the first photo is that the "Do Not Enter" part of the sign is clearly visible. Even if the days and times are obstructed, there is clearly a restriction on driving past that sign at least some of the time.

Andre1997

by: Andre1997 on

Zatota wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:30 pm

Try to get some photos that would show the same perspective as you had in your car. The problem I see in the first photo is that the "Do Not Enter" part of the sign is clearly visible. Even if the days and times are obstructed, there is clearly a restriction on driving past that sign at least some of the time.

Unfortunately they've removed the construction sign that day, I was originally going to take a photo of the perspective from the cars point of view but I was by myself, and it was rush hour, I was also afraid the officer would have seen a way to potentially give me other ticket if I went back and took a picture while behind the wheel. I decided to come back a few hours later but the signs were removed...

Post a Reply