fitnog

149 Km/h On 401

by: fitnog on

Hi All,

I got a ticket in March for 149 Km/h on the 401. I understood some parts of the ticket but I would appreciate more info. I spoke with x-copper, they told me it is probably not worth fighting the ticket if the officer clocked you at 150 Km/h and reduced it. I can't tell from reading the ticket. Please take a look below

The attachment 1-officer radar calibration.png is no longer available

The attachment 1-officer radar calibration.png is no longer available
Attachments
2-notes on ticket.png
2-notes on ticket.png (137.51 KiB) Viewed 3039 times
1-officer radar calibration.png
1-officer radar calibration.png (72.56 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

On the first page of the notes, last line, arrow pointing down usually means you were slowing 150 down to 149. Technically stunt driving at 150. The officer decided to charge you at 149. If you take this to trial and the officer testifies that you were driving 150, the prosecutor will probably amend the ticket up to the original speed. In that case at 50over, there is no set fine and the JP will decide on the fine. Most definitely higher than the set fine you received and possibly larger insurance implications..

fitnog

by: fitnog on

Thanks that clarifies. I will take your advice. Only question is should I bother going to prosecutor meeting? or should I just pay? Are they likely to reduce it? I think I have little chance of winning so not optimistic on reduction from prosecutor side.

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

You can’t score if you don’t shoot the puck! If you have time to go to the meeting and don’t have any convictions, they may reduce it further if you’re apologetic and don’t go in with a chip on your shoulder.

If they don’t offer you anything further , you can simply offer to pay it. If you need more time to pay, that can also be easily arranged through the courts.

Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/h”