Raps1331

Red Light

by: Raps1331 on

So I'm probably gonna get a ticket for running a red light because I saw a light flash after I passed through the intersection. So I was wondering if the following reasoning could be used in court for trying to fight the ticket. I was going 50km/hr in a 60 zone and as I am getting to the intersection I see that there is a hand sign on the cross walk, but no timer to let me know when it is turning yellow. I started to increase my speed to prevent me running the red light, but when the yellow light came up it barely lasted, probably 2 seconds, it was super quick. The reason I felt it was quick is because I've gone through this intersection atleast 2 hundred times for work so I kinda of know how long the light would last. When it did turn yellow I had no choice but to continue to accelerating because if I had stopped I would have came to a screeching stop in the middle of intersection. The reason why it took so long for me to accelerate to 60km/hr is that my muffler has to be replace which makes it a bit harder to reach the speed not to mention my brakes aren't the greatest especially for a situation like this which I have to react so quick. I could be doing this all for nothing b/c this happened like an hr ago and I could be tripping, but rather safe than sorry. Any other help would be appreciated thanks

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Red light camera tickets are glorified parking tickets. Other than having a lighter wallet, nothing else is going to come out of it. Try to have the fine reduced and move on.

There's not much you can do. You've provided a lot of excuses, but no defense. Your vehicles mechanical issues are yours to deal with it. Your red light ticket will also show your speed, length of amber, and how long it was red when you entered the intersection. It's then reviewed by an officer to make sure everything checks out before it's issued. Not much you can do to beat a series of photos.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

The charge is against the OWNER of the vehicle not the driver, so there are no demerits and no insurance increases to worry about.

Your story would not help you at all getting out of the ticket... you would still be found guilty.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Zatota

Posting Awards

by: Zatota on

As always, request a trial. When you show up, the prosecutor will probably offer you a reduced fine in exchange for a guilty plea. Take the offer. You're not going to beat a red light camera offence. I've tried to fight two of them (one was my daughter's, one was a friend's). I thought I had a pretty decent case of doubt, but lost both times.

Post a Reply