Contravention Of Conditions

gaelin

Contravention Of Conditions

Unread post by gaelin »

Hi there, any advice on my situation would be appreciated.

I was recently pulled over and given a ticket for not wearing corrective lenses.

My eyes were fixed 17 years ago and I no longer need corrective lenses. I explained this to the officer, however they gave me a ticket anyways. I have had a half-dozen tickets over the years and I didn't have as much as a warning about the conditions from any of those officers. I know I should have taken care of this a long time ago, however I didn't realize it would warrant a $380 fine.

This happened on a Saturday, the following Monday I went into the Driver Exam office and retook the eye test. I scored a 20/20 and the restrictions were lifted from my license immediately.

I mailed my ticket requesting a first appearance. I have not heard back from the court as of yet.

Will a first appearance get me anywhere? Do I stand a chance at fighting this?

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

Unread post by jsherk »

Did the ticket say "NOTICE OF OFFENCE" on it or did it say "SUMMONS"?

When you say "first appearance" do you mean you chose the NOT GUILTY option and requested a trial?

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

There's no summons for a corrective eye wear ticket. It's a set fine...

The poster is talking about an early resolution meeting.

To answer the question, it's possible that they may cut you some slack and drop the ticket with your newly condition free license. However, they are certainly under no obligation to do so. You're required to follow the conditions until they are lifted. It certainly doesn't hurt to try. They'll probably mail you back a date in the next couple of weeks.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

Unread post by jsherk »

Yes if it is early resolution, then just take proof of your eye test and proof condition was lifted and hopefully prosecutor is in a good mood and will drop it.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++