Got A Ticket For Invalid Ownership

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: hwybear, Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, Decatur, bend

marcus.lite

Got A Ticket For Invalid Ownership

Unread post by marcus.lite »

I am 18 and had my car for almost a year now and got first ticket as listed below yesterday

So I have had my for almost a year now and i was pulled over by cop who was curious to why my front license plate was in my window and not bumper, I told the officer I had just painted the bumper and had it in the window for time being.. He was okay with that and then asked for license and ownership etc.. I didn't realize the old ownership prior to me owning the car was the one I handed the officer and then he went back to his car and searched it and said the ownership was still listed under the other person. I got a $110 ticket for having invalid ownership for past year he said and it was written a "Drive motor vehicle with no permit."

I got home and found my ownership of the car that is still valid, should I fight the ticket, pay ticket or go to transportation and prove my ownership?

bobajob

Posting Awards

Unread post by bobajob »

go to early resolution and show them,

usually they will drop it

marcus.lite wrote:I am 18 and had my car for almost a year now and got first ticket as listed below yesterday

So I have had my for almost a year now and i was pulled over by cop who was curious to why my front license plate was in my window and not bumper, I told the officer I had just painted the bumper and had it in the window for time being.. He was okay with that and then asked for license and ownership etc.. I didn't realize the old ownership prior to me owning the car was the one I handed the officer and then he went back to his car and searched it and said the ownership was still listed under the other person. I got a $110 ticket for having invalid ownership for past year he said and it was written a "Drive motor vehicle with no permit."

I got home and found my ownership of the car that is still valid, should I fight the ticket, pay ticket or go to transportation and prove my ownership?

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

Unread post by argyll »

Yes, you should be lucky. The correct ticket would have been Fail to Surrender Permit, which you did........the actual ticket is No Valid Permit which is not correct as there was a permit, just not with you.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
marcus.lite

Unread post by marcus.lite »

Okay thankyou both, will be seeing a prosecutor within 6 weeks to speak about the options available for me, thanks.