A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

Not Talking To The Police

by: argyll on

Following on from the thread a while back about not talking to the police, sometimes that definitely doesn't work in your favour. I've had occasions where I've wanted to offer a warning but the offender has adamantly refused to accept responsibility leaving me no option but to charge.

Refusing to open the door cost this fellow big bucks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dszcn33O2OM
Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

in the past I've always spoken to police, like anyone treat people with some respect and it goes a loong way,

I've talked myself out of seat belts and even blowing a red light (and that was blatent) and the olf having fog lights on with no fog.

BUT that was back home and police are'nt as eager as writing tickets out as they are here, if your stopped here, your not getting out of a ticket

so from what ppl have been saying here its wise to keep shut, but answer any questions truthfully, i.e. not lying or obstructing

argyll wrote:Following on from the thread a while back about not talking to the police, sometimes that definitely doesn't work in your favour. I've had occasions where I've wanted to offer a warning but the offender has adamantly refused to accept responsibility leaving me no option but to charge.

Refusing to open the door cost this fellow big bucks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dszcn33O2OM
--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

I worked with many police officers in Ontario who wouldn't ticket drivers who were polite and apologetic. Of course there are those who are giving you a ticket regardless and by being apologetic you are going to screw yourself at trial but personally I have always advised friends and family to go the polite and apologetic route - and have been thanked for that advice much more than once.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”