UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

I Really Am Unlucky.

by: UnluckyDuck on

So Again, I really don't know how I'm attracting attention to myself, but I am.

Saturday at 1:30 in the morning I was pulled over on the 400 for 142 in a posted 100 Zone. Honestly, I know I was speeding, but I thought maybe 110-120 (I'm trying to clean up my act.) Anyways, Pulled over, Ticketed, Explained 3 options on the back, and we departed on our way.

One thing I noticed, which I have never seen before, He wrote my vehicle description on the ticket. Fatal Maybe?

Attached is the ticket.

Planning on pleading Not Guilty, Requesting a Trial with Officer Present, and requesting disclosure when I get my trial date.

Attachments
12346727_10153788459540917_629306577_n.jpg
12346727_10153788459540917_629306577_n.jpg (232.29 KiB) Viewed 2316 times
bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

UnluckyDuck wrote:So Again, I really don't know how I'm attracting attention to myself, but I am.

I don't really like making personal opinions in threads, but at what point is your situation not going to be about "unlucky me".

You've been a member here for little over a year and post every other month with new charges or ridiculous behavior.

Also, when you started posting here you made it clear you already had 5 convictions and have had a license for what, 5 years?

UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

I'll be honest, Yes I have been licensed for 5 years, and I have screwed up back when I was in high school. I've been working on bettering myself, knowing that driving is a right, not a privilege. From 2012-2014 I did not recieve any tickets until that one Disobey Sign, and ever since then, I've been downhill, but trying to get back on the right track.

UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

So I keep checking the City of Toronto Website, The Ticket still has not been filed. If I'm not mistaken, there are certain time periods where the ticket needs to be filed in order to be valid (7 Days IIRC). If it happens to pass that date, what would the procedure be to get it quashed?

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

It needs to be filed with the clerk of the court within 7 days. That has nothing to do with when it will show up on their website.

Usually I call the Clerk on about day 10 to see if it has been filed yet.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
kkostadinof

by: kkostadinof on

UnluckyDuck wrote:I'll be honest, Yes I have been licensed for 5 years, and I have screwed up back when I was in high school. I've been working on bettering myself, knowing that driving is a right, not a privilege. From 2012-2014 I did not recieve any tickets until that one Disobey Sign, and ever since then, I've been downhill, but trying to get back on the right track.

Given all the incidents the mod posted, you did not even remotely try to get back on the right path if you racked up so many infractions just these past 12-18 months.

Take a good hard look at yourself and start driving more responsibly...or face the consequences - it's your call.

UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

Turns out I ended up lucky on this one. Had my trial yesterday. Officer Showed up, with a pretty tight disclosure. So I walked in to speak with the prosecutor and he offers me a 15 over (Speeding 115 in a 100 zone). I took it, and the JP gave me 6 months to pay it. 0 Points and a $52.50 fine opposed to 4 points and a $317 fine. I'd take this as a win in my opinion.

Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/h”