A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

Swerving Lanes?

by: UnluckyDuck on

Just a curious question that came to my mind during my drive to school. I was on my way, heavy traffic as usual during rush hour. Traffic was moving at approx. 40km/h in a 60 km/h zone. All of a sudden I see a black car doing approx. 60 km/h swerving through lanes. My question to you guys is, what charge could be laid if an officer pulled him over?

Careless, Dangerous? Thats all i could think of off the top of my head.

screeech

by: screeech on

Stunt Driving: Section 172 HTA,

Regulation 455/07 Section 2 (1) 3 iii "repeadedly changing lanes in close proximity to other vehicles so as to advance through the ordinary flow of traffic while driving at a rate of speed that is a marked departure from the lawful rate of speed".

Driver's licence will be suspended for 7 days, vehicle gets towed and impounded for 7 days, minimum $2,000 upon conviction. Must pay towing and impounding fees, licence re instatement fees after the 7 day suspension. When all that is done, the insurance company will really put the screws to the driver...

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

Stunt wouldn't be laid. It has to be a "marked departure from the lawful rate of speed"

You indicate that he was going 60 km/h in a 60.

Depending on the circumstances, failing to signal and possibly careless based on the totality of the incident.

UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

by: UnluckyDuck on

He signaled every lane change, so that wouldn't be laid. Sorry for leaving that out. As for the totality of the incident, does an accident have to occur for careless to be charged? Or can it be just someone driving stupidly?

Post a Reply