Going the wrong way on a one-way road - Highway Traffic Act section 153
Ashley

Drove On Wrong Side Of The Road.

by: Ashley on

Hi, I was very confused on new street, ofcourse not drunk or drugs and I drove on wrong way for almost 300 meters on two lane road but then one guy gave me high beam signal and I realized that, I turned my emergency lights on and 3 cars passed me slowly. I was able to make 3 point turn and correct my mistake. I was not stopped by any police officer. I came home I was thinking maybe some other drivers from those cars will report about me. But as soon as I realized my mistake I corrected it. Can I get charge/ ticket for this.

Thank you.

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

Without a positive ID the only way to secure a conviction is to charge the owner of the car for the infraction this carries no demerit points and is not on your driver abstract. There needs to be a witness that wrote down your plate number, called the police and is willing to testify.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

Yes in theory you could still get a ticket.

But they need a witness to identify you, so even if you did get a ticket, I would take it all the way to trial because most likely the person that reported it will not show up to testify against you and they would have to drop the ticket.

If police contact you, you do NOT have to answer any of their questions and do NOT have to explain anything and do NOT have to be helpful in any way shape or form. Everything you say WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU. So if they contact you and you answer any questions, then you will most likely be giving them the evidence they need to convict you.

http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic7032.html
+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply