A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Morisato

Girlfriend Charged With 4 Offences For 1 Stop.

by: Morisato on

So My Gf was driving my truck home after dropping me off at the trainstation back in December and got pulled Over, My Sticker was out of Date, - She got a ticket for that Also Provided The Cop with the Incorrect Insurance Thingy So got a Ticket for Outdated Insurance card ( i did Have Insurance she just gave wrong card) , Also She Has a G2 license but the Officer asked her where she Lived, as she had forgotten to update her address, Got a ticket for failing toupdate the address and Then a Ticket for Driving with a G1 Without a Licensed Driver because The officer Determined Since the Address was Not updated The g2 Was Invalid and She would Only be Treated as if She had a G1?

All Said it was 110+110+110+60

In Tickets.. all for one traffic stop i we are seeing the prosectutor in the Am, Everything was Rectified As of The Next Morning, Any Suggestions? I am On Disability after a Serious @ work Accident And Cannot afford all these tickets, - Also Things have become Rocky between me and the gf because of these tickets & My Injury, as They are all Issued in Her Name as she was driving i was On The train, if she leaves me, as May happen Am i on the Hook in anyway Shape or form for the Tickets?

Thanks.

CumminsDiesel

by: CumminsDiesel on

Morisato wrote:So i Explained some of the stuff i read to her and She went Bonkers on me, so Shes going to the meeting alone now. Guess i will be taking The first bit of Advice rofl.. Now to find a cute gal. Who is not constantly telling me my failings nonstop.

I was going to say that it is quite unusual that the officer didn't cut her a break on any of the offenses especially knowing that she was not the RO .

Almost always , the officer is not going to cut her a break if your friend gives off a hint of attitude or displeasure.

Good Luck

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Morisato wrote: They are all Issued in Her Name as she was driving i was On The train, if she leaves me, as May happen Am i on the Hook in anyway Shape or form for the Tickets?

Thanks.

These tickets are all her problem. As the driver of the vehicle, it's her responsibility to make sure everything is in order for her to drive. That includes stickers, insurance, etc.

As others have pointed out, just go to the early resolution meeting.

- The expired stickers she'll probably have to take a hit on.

- Bring your updated insurance that was valid during the stop, they'll probably let that slide.

- Update your address ASAP. Show them it's been updated. Maybe they wont care, but it's got to be done anyways.

- Unless i'm missing something, this G1 ticket seems rather odd. Not having an updated address on your license doesn't make your license invalid. If it did, I don't have a clue how it would send you back a driving class you no longer hold, which is just as invalid. Then to ticket based on G1 restrictions? I don't get it.

Morisato

by: Morisato on

as I expected things went very well today and we're no longer dating so I have a distinct lack of care at this point about the tickets and I'm glad to hear I'm not on the hook and whole g1 thing I think that was just her lying to not have me mad at her for only having a g1 when she claimed to have a g2

Post a Reply