justwin32

Red Light Camera Company Car

by: justwin32 on

Hi, I was driving up to a red light and tried to stop. The car slid almost a car length into the intersection (no snow tires) and the light turned green as I came to a complete stop. There's a red light camera at this intersection, I didn't notice a flash but it was daytime, and I was more concerned with stopping the car. If the camera did take a picture, will the ticket be in my company's name? The plates are registered to the company I work for. But you still must provide a driver's licence when acquiring your plates. If I were to get a parking ticket, the notice would be addressed to the company I work for, I was just wondering if that would be the case with the red light camera as well? I know what happens if the company didn't pay their parking tickets, would it be the same if they don't pay their red light tickets? Less importantly, would I receive a red light ticket for what I described ?

Thanks

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Whomever owns the plates, gets the ticket.

If you don't pay, you can't renew your plates. That's it.

Red light camera tickets have no impact on your license or insurance, even if it was addressed directed to you personally.

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

To my knowledge red light cameras will trip when the speed sensor embedded in the road detect you travelling at a speed where you will be unable to stop in time for the light at the stop marker. If you were skidding at a low speed it might not trip the camera.

justwin32

by: justwin32 on

bend wrote:Whomever owns the plates, gets the ticket.

If you don't pay, you can't renew your plates. That's it.

Red light camera tickets have no impact on your license or insurance, even if it was addressed directed to you personally.

Thanks for the response. what Im trying to ask is, will the ticket come in the company name or will it come personally? A 407 fee or a parking ticket would come in the company name. Being as running a red light is a different type of offence I was curious. When you purchase company plates you have to show a drivers licence but the plates are in the company name. The company wouldn't be able to renew the plates if we don't pay the parking or 407. The problem is if the ticket comes to the person who showed their licence, the employee may be distraught with the fact that they are receiving personal tickets on company cars that they may not be driving (I would obviously pay the fine). I am now thinking that the tickets will come in the company name, as you said it is only the plates that you cant renew if you don't pay. As you would still be able to renew your licence. I know its not a standard question. Thank you again

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

To be clear they are issued to the name on the plate portion of the vehicle ownership. If it says Joe Smith then he gets the ticket if it says ABC Inc. then it gets the ticket. If Joe Smith goes to the Ministry to get plates for ABC Inc.'s truck they will want him to show his license to identify himself so they have a record of who they gave the plate to.

Post a Reply