blazebrown

Rear Ended Someone And Got A Following Too Closely

by: blazebrown on

On November 24th 2014 , I was driving to work and it was really icey ( it was all over the radio and news), I kept me distance from other drivers but as I was getting ready to merge into a turning lane I slid into the back of a pickup truck. We both agreed to call the police and I ended up getting a $110 fine for following too closely. I know that I was more that 5 seconds away from the next vehicle but I still ended up hitting the truck. After 9 days of receiving the ticket I paid it because I was not aware of the consequences of a new driver getting 4 demerit points and I just wanted it to be paid and gone. About 2 or 3 weeks later I received a letter in the mail saying that my license will be suspended once I have hand over my license. Would I be able to fight this and maybe apeal this? I have a picture of the accident and you can see the icey road and how much ice is built up on the car. I was never aware of how bad this fine was going to be or else I would have went to court over it as soon as I got the ticket. I found out about how bad this was by calling the mto and asking about it. If someone can answer my question on if i can fight this still it woild be appreciated. Thanks

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

Four points don't get you suspended even if you are considered a novice driver (G1 and G2). 2-5 points and you get a warning letter, 6-8 you attend an interview and it may be suspended and at 9 points you get a 60 day suspension.

By chance do you have more than just the one ticket in the last two years??

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

My bad. I was looking at the wrong page.

This was the correct one. http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/ ... 10.2.shtml

daggx is correct.. It's not likely that you can go back and fight it.

Make sure you turn your licence in to begin the 30 day countdown on your suspension. The sooner you do it, the sooner the suspension is over. You'll then have to pay the reinstatement fee to get your licence back.

Post a Reply