Disobey Sign (h.t.a 182.2)

Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

Disobey Sign (h.t.a 182.2)

Unread post by UnluckyDuck »

First, I would like to say Hello as I am new to this forum, and I'm glad to be here.

So Last Week I was issued a ticket for Disobey Sign, Contrary to the HTA Sec. 182 Sec. 2. When I leave work, there is a sign that prohibits a Left turn if you are heading Eastbound on the Street, and prohibits a Right Turn if you are going Westbound on the street. However, if you go around the street (head eastbound past the street, make a right, make another right, then make a right onto the intersecting street), there is no sign saying you cannot go straight, which is what I did. I have attached the images showing what I mean, and will be taking some of them to court.

The officer on the ticket wrote I was heading Eastbound and Made a Left onto the street, which is complete BOLOGNA! I filed for a trial, and am waiting on a disclousure. But from what I did, technically I did nothing wrong, but it's up to the Courts to believe my word over the officers. My question is, even though I know It's wrong, is there any other way I can proove that I did not make that turn?

I currently have 5 tickets, surprisingly no insurance increase yet, in the past 3 years. Any advice would be helpful.

1.JPG
1.JPG (243.51 KiB) Viewed 5466 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (214.43 KiB) Viewed 5466 times
highwaystar

Posting Awards

Unread post by highwaystar »

If that is what you truly did, then it is not illegal. Just keep in mind that it appears there is security video of the area (as noticed on the sign at the corner of Green Belt Dr and Nob Lane). You will therefore have to review the disclosure to see whether they have video of you and secondly, will want to know where the officer was located that he would 'witness' you make that turn. It seems odd that he would lie about seeing you make the left from Green Belt Dr. if what really happened was that you were actually going straight from Humphrey Gate (across Green Belt) to Nob Lane. Something doesn't seem right.

UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

I'm sorry if my first post was a little vague. I was not the only car he had pulled over, I was one of the four, and stupidly pulled over thinking I did something wrong. Just went around that area again today (I am a full time College student who works here every Monday and Friday.) and noticed that the security video sign is gone, making me wonder if there is still a video to help me proove that I went straight.

ynotp

Posting Awards

Unread post by ynotp »

This is so minor that I personally would not take a no 0 point deals offered and go straight to trial. If you really didn't do go to court and tell the truth. When you testify tell them you take that way to work every day and that you always go out of your way to take this route because you are aware that it is illegal to make that turn and do not want a ticket. I would note that if you did this all the time you would have several tickets for this offence on your record. Don't think that just because it's your word against his that your word will be not believed. It is all about being credible. All you have to do to win is be as credible as the officer. Suggest that the officer could have made an honest mistake when he was pulling over multiple cars. This being said I would research how to prepare for a trial and how to question witnesses and present your evidence. The officer's car may have a dash cam showing you go past the intersection the moment before you were pulled over (ask for the footage).

UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

Like I said, I have 5 convictions already, really don't want a 6th. I unfortunately have 1 ticket for this offence on my record for doing this at another location in Durham. So I don't know if that would ruin my credibility. And his car was not pointed towards the intersection. His car was parked on Moccasin Trail, out of sight. He had his ticket book on him, and wrote the ticket in front of me. He didn't even run my license through his computer. I probably would have gotten away with Driving under Suspension if my license was suspended.

UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

I got my disclosure (Both sides of ticket as well as typed hand written notes). The only thing on the notes were my make and model of vehicle (no colour/license plate), the time that he arrived and left (3:59 P.M. - 6:02P.M.) and a hand drawing of the sign. That is it, a very vague disclosure, maybe about less than half of the ticket. I'm guessing he plans not to show to court, but any suggestions on how I can use this to get the ticket dropped?