A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Jack-Frost

Right To Travel

by: Jack-Frost on

In Ontario law, where is this indicated?

how do you prove in a common law jurisdiction, "right to travel"

I see in the US, they have this written into their constitution but not in Canada

Thansk

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

I really hope you're not buying into the "freeman on the land" ideology, its utter nonsense. The group quotes very narrow and selective portions of laws that support their beliefs. They ignore the overall context of the law, past legal precedent and anything else that would contradict or weaken their view. Their very ill conceived and nonsensical arguments raised in Court have always been invalidated. I personally feel like the leaders of the movement are nothing more than snake oil salesman, trying to take advantage of people down on their luck.

People always overlook of forget the very first section of the Charter which states:

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.

While you may have the right to freely travel throughout the Country, it is not absolute.

Post a Reply