katiekatt420

Police Harrassment?

by: katiekatt420 on

I was pulled over for no reason and the police opened my car doors without a reason and asked all my passangers idenity... Did they push their boundaries or do they have grounds to inspect a vehicle?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Police ARE allowed to conduct random traffic stops to ensure that a driver is licenced and that a vehicle is properly registered and insured. Police are NOT allowed to conduct random searches of the vehicle itself or its occupants, nor are passengers typically required to identify themselves. Its all very dependent on why you were stopped and what specific offence police are investigating.

Certain acts due grant police the authority to search vehicles without a warrant (i.e. liquor offences), so its important they explain why youre being stopped and if any search, etc. requires your consent.

katiekatt420

by: katiekatt420 on

Don't let the name fool I don't smoke weed I barely drink I wasn't doing anything illegal and I have no criminal record I'm always obeying the law I just felt that they didn't have a reason to open the doors and they also wouldn't give me a reason for pulling me over

Post a Reply