TheOne

First Red Light Ticket

by: TheOne on

Hello Everyone,

First post here, I received a red light camera system offense Form 6 Reg.108/11 and they are asking for a $325.00 fine. I understand the offense, however my question is on how to proceed:.

I have been provided three options:

Option 1 )Trial

Option 2)Early Resolution - Meet with Prosecutor

Option 3)Plea of Guilty - Voluntary Payment

I'm not sure if going to Trial is a good idea since the ticket does not affect me, however paying $325.00 dollars is out of the question. If I go meet with the prosecutor, what do I say? What kind of deal can I cut? is there a possibility of this back firing?

Any Help would be appreciated

Thanks again :)

iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

Red Light Ticket offences do not go on your driver's license. It goes to your vehicle, and if you fail to pay it... you'll pay $325 + admin fees when you renew your plate sticker.

It's in your best interest to choose the early-resolution and get it over with. I believe the minimum fine set out by the regulation is $200. Having said that, if you can show extraordinary financial hardship they can drop the set fine and even suspend the sentence ($0). You can also ask to setup a payment plan without interest (ie. $10/month).

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statut ... te]Penalty for disobeying red light

(31.2.1) Every person who contravenes subsection (18) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $200 and not more than $1,000. 2009, c. 5, s. 44 (2).[/quote]http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statut ... ote]Relief against minimum fine

(2) Although the provision that creates the penalty for an offence prescribes a minimum fine, where in the opinion of the court exceptional circumstances exist so that to impose the minimum fine would be unduly oppressive or otherwise not in the interests of justice, the court may impose a fine that is less than the minimum or suspend the sentence.[/quote]

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

I've seen a JP give a everyone who filed for a trial and then agree to a $200 beforehand with the prosecutor then plead guilty the JP dropped their fine to $100 no questions asked.

Post a Reply