A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

heliopolisgunth

Novice Driver - Bac Over Zero - Possible Courses Of Action?

by: heliopolisgunth on

Hello, wasn't exactly sure where to post this. Got pulled over yesterday, I'm a G2 class driver(23 years old) and I blew a warning and received a ticket for $110 for B.A.C. over zero - novice driver. The officer suspended my licence for 3 days. Had a couple of questions:

1. I'm right in understanding that I'll have my license suspended again by the MTO for 30 days?

2. Is there any worth in fighting the ticket somehow? I've heard the chances are slim to none.

trenchknife

by: trenchknife on

JohnDeere wrote:I could be wrong, but I believe that you get your license back from the police after 3 days. The 30 day suspension you need to have it reinstated.

You do not get your licence back from the police. If it was suspended for a warn range suspension, it gets returned to the MTO. Once the suspension is over, you have to pay a $150 reinstatement fee. The MTO will then issue a new one.

Do not take anything I say as legal advice. Only a lawyer can give legal advice. I am not a lawyer.
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

JohnDeere wrote:I could be wrong, but I believe that you get your license back from the police after 3 days. The 30 day suspension you need to have it reinstated.

That's how it used to be with the old 12 hour suspensions. The police would take your licence back to the station and you could pick it up 12 hours later.

Post a Reply