A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Do you feel Ontario, Police is doing a Good Job?

Yes
31%
No
62%
I am undecided! (Please explain WHY? below)
8%

Total votes: 13

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

Ontario Police Problems?

by: admin on

This thread is dedicated to talk about any Police Problems that you have encountered in Ontario, Canada.

The problem or complaint MUST be related to a Driving offense!

This is NOT an open invitation to Attack our Police force in Ontario, BUT if you have certain issues or complaints, please tell your story.

***Please Note: Any inappropriate talk regarding our Police force in Ontario, Canada will be subject to moderation and possible removal of the post.

Please DO NOT post any Police Members Names, as it will be removed.

The purpose is NOT to attack or revenge your anger against our Police force in Ontario, but to hear comments that may have affected you due to policing issues that you feel are wrong!***

Thank you.

casper

by: casper on

The police should stop targeting tuner cars. Just because you have invested time and money and your car looks flashy does not mean you are a bad person. Why do police issue stupid "improper muffler" tickets only to tuner cars?. They call it excessive noise, but what about a Harley with open pipes. I got pulled over several times for just because they can.

I think the police officer has way too much power and not enough discretion is being used. Stop profiling people just because they have a fancy car, there are far more important issues out there.

Bookm

by: Bookm on

Cops stopping kids with custom cars dates back to the 50's. It will never stop. My advice is learn your rights and learn how to fight your tickets. It just has to be considered part of the car hobby now.

These are the cars I drove as a teenager. Trust me, not a month went by without being pulled over for one trivial matter or another ;)

casper

by: casper on

I'm in my 30s married with kids and i do know my rights but does not help sometime. All it takes is a officer in a bad mood that hates cars in general or has no clue about tuner cars. I also attend local track days at Shannonville.

Reflections

by: Reflections on

When you get pulled over, the officer tries to take total charge of the situation, often forcefully telling you to do things, for their protection which is not a bad thing considering they don't do just traffic. But when the officer directs you to turn your vehicle so you cannot see to take notes and make observations this only serves them, as you have little or no evidence if you wish to fight the ticket. Do not fear the police, they are only doing their jobs, most are just average people, but you have every right to know what they are using against you.

Post a Reply