A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
shariat

Got Ticket For Going 129 Km/h In Qew, Any Chance?

by: shariat on

Attached is the officer's notes that I got in disclosure request. First of all I need help reading that! Second of all do I have any chances? The officer's car was parked on the side of road with lights off. He charged me with 129 km/h but as he has written in his notes I was going 131 km/h. Another problem I have know is that I am not available for the court date. Any suggestion? Thanks a lot

Attachments
Officer's notes
Officer's notes
officer.jpg (112.94 KiB) Viewed 1775 times
bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

shariat wrote:He charged me with 129 km/h but as he has written in his notes I was going 131 km/h.

He reduced it to 129 so the charge comes with 3 demerit points instead of 4. If you're a novice driver without a full G license, the difference would save you a suspension. If that's going to be an issue, it's something to highly consider. Should you go all the way to trial, it can be brought back to the original 131km.

shariat wrote:Another problem I have know is that I am not available for the court date. Any suggestion? Thanks a lot

Go to the courthouse and try to reschedule your court date ASAP, not a couple days before.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Looks like:

Eastbound, third lane, dark – Im guessing he was parked on the shoulder, facing eastbound, right shoulder.

First lane, fast, alone car – Im guessing you were in the leftmost lane. He believes you were speeding and not amongst a group of vehicles.

131km/hr at 265 meters – This will be the speed/distance reading that he obtained with a laser.

Dark grey corolla – Im guessing your vehicle description

M/F – Not sure

Laser model (Im guessing LTI 20-20) and its serial number #011151

Testing times for the laser (should be before and after your stop)

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

shariat wrote:Well, I didn't get any demerits and I have full G

Your demerit points will show up on your abstract the day you are convicted, not charged. If you're a full G license and you're not getting tickets regularly, they are not too much of a big deal either way.

shariat wrote:Thanks a lot, any advice on this?

Speeding is an absolute liability offense. This means you were either speeding or you weren't. The prosecutor need not go any further convincing the JP of your guilt. "I was speeding, but..." and you're guilty. So if you plan on defending yourself, it means at no point in time were you ever going 100 (if that was the limit).

"I was just driving as fast as other cars in the highway..." is case closed. You need not speak after this because your case will be over.

Either you were speeding or the officer was wrong and you weren't. You can start there, but you're climbing out of a big hole here.

Post a Reply