lled

Dui In Ontario, Moved To Out Of Province

by: lled on

I have recently been charged for a DUI over .80.

I have since than moved out of province for work. It is almost coming up to the 90 day mark when I can get my license back in Ontario and than transfer it to my current province. It will cost 150.00 to reinstate it. Than I would pay my new province to transfer my Ontario License in order to drive here for until the end of summer at which time the the trial will be held.

I have hired X coppers and they have said there is no way to fight this charge and to transfer the charge to my province and plead guilty to the charge in here and serve the suspension of license and pay the fine. X coppers said that would happen around the end of the summer. So in the mean time I can get my license back and drive until I am found guilty.

Now,

I am not trying to allude the system, I am trying to simply do whats right. I don't want this to come back to haunt me in the future after all is said and done.

Is there anyone that can provide some steps to ensure what I am doing is correct and will not turn into a horror story after this fine is paid and I am reinstated after the license was suspend from the out come of court?

What I have been charged for:-

DUI over .80

What I am about to do:-

1. reinstate my license in Ontario after the mandatory 90 day period

2. apply for a license in my current province after it has been reinstated in Ontario after a week

3. Transfer the charge to my current province

4. drive with my new province license until trial is conducted.

This is my first charge every.

No one was hurt when i was charged

I was not difficult when i was charged

Thanks for your help :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops:
lled

by: lled on

Stanton wrote:I dont see anything wrong with your plan, but Im not familiar with licence requirements for other Provinces. I would hope that if your legal representative is directing you to take this action, it should be legal and fine.

I am just curious how the courts will talk to each other and understand the situation, Once this all done will my Ontario license be suspended too? When I reinstate my current province license will I have to pay Ontario too? I don't want to be pulled over a few years from now in Ontario and have the police say I have a suspended license and a fine outstanding after I paid the fine in my current province.

Could get messy! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

I feel obligated to point out that paralegals aren't allowed to represent someone on an impaired or over 80 charge. You can read here on the Law Society of Upper Canada website that their practice is restricted to offences for which the maximum penalty is 6 months in jail (a regular summary conviction offence): http://www.lsuc.on.ca/with.aspx?id=2147491230#s1q1 You can also see under s. 255(1)(c) of the Criminal Code that an impaired or over 80 conviction (if prosecuted by summary conviction) has a maximum penalty of 18 months (it's a super-summary offence). I would STRONGLY suggest you consult a LAWYER and get some advice on this.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Post a Reply