A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
Emil.D

Mistakes On A Speeding Ticket

by: Emil.D on

Officer stops me on hwy 410 for speeding in a 80km/h posted zone. Comes back with the ticket and lets me know that he drops the speeding to 19km over...99km/h in an 80km/h zone.

I take a look at the ticket and he actually wrote 99km/h in a 60km/h posted zone...obviosly a mistake on his part !!! That puts me 39km over but the fine is set for 19km over on the ticket. Also the posted speed in that particular section of the hwy is 90km/h and the location of the "infraction" is also wrong...He clocks me speeding (radar) S of Valleywood but on the ticket is mentioned N of Valleywood (that's where he pulled me over)...i can proove that by cross-examining the officer in court.

In the officer's notes the same mistake is made as far as the posted speed limit goes... but a 114km/h speeding is mentioned...which is 59km over the "limit" and puts me in the "street racing" category. Obviosly my car wasn't impounded at the roadside nor my license suspended

Would the 3 mistakes made on the ticket would be enough to dissmis the ticket in court ?? Pretty much everything on the ticket , beside the information he copied from my driving license, is wrong and very confusing...any suggestions would be appreciated.

1- wrong speed limit mentioned on the ticket

2- wrong set fine for the infraction mentioned on the ticket

3- wrong location where the speeding infraction took place

Thank you !

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

This looks like a scenario where you could use the London vs. Young strategy since your ticket has a fatal error. Follow the link below and scroll down to the section on Incorrect Fine Amounts and How to Force a Fatal Error. Take a look and if you have any questions feel free to ask. http://www.ticketcombat.com/offences/fi ... forceerror

Post a Reply