A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
MANAS.MUKHOPADHYAY

Ticket For 78 Kms/hr At 50 Ft Before The 80 Kms/hr Post

by: MANAS.MUKHOPADHYAY on

Hi, I got a ticket this morning where I started increasing my speed from 50 kms/hr seeing the speed-limit post for 80 kms/hr. The cop gave me a $135 ticket claiming that I was at 78 in a 50 zone. I was given the ticket at 50 ft before the speed limit post. I stopped by the side of the post.

If I fight this, is my reason good enough for my defense (that I started increasing my speed seeing the 80 kms/hr post) ?

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks/Manas

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

I agree that most drivers speed up ahead of time, but that that isnt a valid defence in Court. If you said that in Court, youd be convicted. In terms of fighting the charge, its probably best you read through the forums and get some ideas on general strategies for fighting tickets. Its always a good starting point to request disclosure and see what the officers actual evidence is. That might give you an idea of what you can fight the charge on.

If the fine is the main issue, you can also try working out a plea deal with the Crown to a reduced speed. If your ticket wasnt already reduced by the officer, its pretty much a guarantee the Crown will offer you a deal to a lesser fine.

Post a Reply