Traffic ticket for Prohibited turns? Learn the Highway Traffic Act here.
darshan.4

Hta 142(1) And Caia 3(1)

by: darshan.4 on

Scenario:

Turning Left (while indicating) signal is GREEN.

Car over speeding on the oncoming traffic lane.

Collision

When Police officer arrives after the collision; issues 2 tickets to the car turning left at the intersection (me)

1) Turn not in safety HTA 142(1)

2) Fail to have insurance card CAIA 3(1)

Due to the involvement of collision i am concerned whether going through a paralegal is advisable in a case like this. How does this affect insurance premiums. If i was to fight this myself, is that recommended and how would one do so.

Is there anyway to separate the two charges, because i do have the pink insurance slip. Just didnt have it with me at the time.

Any help is appreciated.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

darshan.4 wrote:Is there anyway to separate the two charges, because i do have the pink insurance slip. Just didnt have it with me at the time.

Any help is appreciated.

If both charges were issued at the same time, both would be dealt with in Court at the same time. You could plead guilty to one and not guilty to the other, but you can't have two separate trials. And FYI the fact that you didn't have your slip with you is what you were charged with (saying you didn't have it with you isn't a valid excuse).

In regards to fighting the unsafe turn charge, if you have no courtroom experience it may be best to consult with a paralegal. I think you'd have a hard time arguing in Court that the other car was going too fast unless there's serious evidence to support this.

darshan.4

by: darshan.4 on

For something like this a paralegal is requesting $1000. Is that normal?

As for the pink slip, i did have one with the insurance slip with the AUTO POLICY number *which covers all of the cars we own* however, i had the other car's pink slip in this car.

Post a Reply