A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

BGCKL

3 Day License Suspension

by: BGCKL on

Hey All,

My buddy and i left a party early this morning - turns out i should have slept longer then i did.

I got pulled over on my way home. I was given a roadside breathalyzer test. i blew in the "warn" range as the cop told me. The cop suspended my license for 3 days but didn't give me any kind of ticket for a DUI for a notice saying that my license is suspended. The cop told me i'd have to pay 150.00$ to get it re-instated after the suspension is up.

After doing some reading on line today.. i've come across a couple things that worry me.

I am under the age of 21 - according to new law i could be looking at a 30 day license suspension and a fine of up to 500.00$ IF CONVICTED.

The police officer didn't say anything about me being convicted or any fines that i would have to pay more then the 150$ license re-in-statement - so does this mean when i go into the MTO that i'm gonna get hammered with a 500$ fine and a longer license suspension... or does that have to be done by the police officer..

I'm really confused and freaking out - if anyone could give me some information on this it would be greatly appreciated..

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

BGCKL wrote:I am under the age of 21 - according to new law i could be looking at a 30 day license suspension and a fine of up to 500.00$ IF CONVICTED.

The police officer didn't say anything about me being convicted or any fines that i would have to pay more then the 150$ license re-in-statement - so does this mean when i go into the MTO that i'm gonna get hammered with a 500$ fine and a longer license suspension...

If you had been actually charged, you would have received an offence notice (a ticket) with a fine. It sounds like the officer gave you a break, and decided not to charge you.

by: 12345 on

You got off lucky.... Look at my thread http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic4394.html

Same thing happened to my friend, he was only given a pink slip which is an ADLS suspension. If you were not given the white ticket you were not given the charge and therefore got off very lucky. My friend went to the bureau and got his license back no problem. Also warn fines do not affect insurance rates either as they fall under an ADLS, it will be on your drivers abstract that you received this "warn" fine but that is it.

Post a Reply