Highway Traffic Act section 139.1
tobybour

Failing To Yield From A Driveway

by: tobybour on

My Mom's friend just got charged with this. She was coming out of her driveway and went to the east side lane of the road. She lives on the west side of the road. A few hours later, a police officer came to her house with a ticket and charged her saying that she had hit a pick-up truck in the rear while backing out and this truck was on the west side of the road. She never felt a bump and never saw any vehicle while backing out. She is almost 80 years old so she is worried about her points and about losing her licence later on. How can she fight this if the officer was not contacted until a few hours later and no one stopped at the scene when both vehicles were moving, one northbound and one southbound and they both have paint marks on the rear of each vehicle. I haven't seen her car yet but cannot imagine how one car can hit the back of a truck and not hear any scrunch or slight noise and the driver of the truck not notice or stop either.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

I obviously don't know your mom's friend, but I've certainly seen lots of accidents where older people have minor fender benders and aren't aware of the fact. Are you sure the other vehilce was in motion? She might have simply struck it while it was parked.

Post a Reply