Fighting 11b

Jerry1010

Fighting 11b

Unread post by Jerry1010 »

Hello everyone.

What has happened so far:

I submitted my 11b application (all thanks to all the great people who use this site) and attended trial after a 15 months delay. The prosecuter did not respond to my application and the JP gave her a hard time because of it. I then asked the JP if a stay may be granted? and JP responded that there must be a trial and because the Prosecution did not respond prior to the trail that my trial had to be adjurned.

The JP mentioned that I will have to following up before the next trial which is in ablout 3 months from now... I am wondering if anybody can help me out on knowing what I have to do next?

Like: do I have to request disclosure?

Any help is much appreciated.

iFly55

Posting Awards

Unread post by iFly55 »

order your transcript from your last trial ASAP!

you're going to have to resubmit your 11b application for the new trial, but this time updated with information that transpired during your last trial

the new delay will only strengthen your 11b

good luck

Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

Well that's odd... I'd say that the stay should've been granted right then and there... but I agree with iFly55.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Jerry1010

Unread post by Jerry1010 »

However, the JP at the time had also mentioned that my 11b application was still valid during the last trial, I think he was just giving the prosecution a break for not responding (which is very odd).

Either way, it wouldnt hurt to resubmit the 11b anyways.. thanks a lot guys!