Driving While Under Suspension Offences #3 & 4

jgw1969

Driving While Under Suspension Offences #3 & 4

Unread post by jgw1969 »

Good moring, I am facing a 3rd & 4th charge for driving while under suspension. Brief history, my licence was suspended by The Family Repsonsibilty office for falling behind on payments due to a lack of work. I was previously charged and fined $1000.00 and $2000.00 with a 6 month suspension. I have two trial dates set one for March 7, 2012 and one for May 17,2012 for driving while under suspension. I now have a full-time job again and have started to pay my fines and I am in the process of making payment arrangments with The Family Repsonsibility Office. Unfortunately the work that I was previously performing required me to drive as, I had to carry tools in order to perform my job duties.

I have done some reading on the provincial law(s) and enforcement regarding such. My question is, Is it likely that I will face incarceration as a result of my iresponsible actions?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

Its somewhat dependent on the Crown, jurisdiction and time between convictions, but Id say incarceration is very likely. Sentences of 30 days or more are not uncommon. Id strongly suggest seeking some type of representation.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

Unread post by Simon Borys »

There is a process by which you can have the suspension lifted while you are in the process of paying off your fines. At least there is for suspensions due to unpaid fines. I'm not sure if it applies to FRO back payments.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Anxanx

Unread post by Anxanx »

Good Day - I am in similar situation. Driving under suspension 3rd offence. All my fines are paid. My court date is in the first week of august.

At this pint I am willing to plead guilty but do not know what the penalties will be. I know it could range from suspended license, incarceration to fines or all three.

I require immediate legal aid/help/representation. Please PM me