NANP

Careless Driving Charge

by: NANP on

4 AM IN THE MORNING ON SATURDAY FEB 11 2012 I WAS ENTERING ONTO THE 403 FROM HURONTARIO TO DRIVE BACK HOME TO OAKVILLE.

DUE TO THE ROAD CONDITIONS AS IT WAS NOT A BUSY HIGHWAY DID NOT SEE MUCH VEHICLES PASSING FULL OF SNOW ON THE HIGHWAY SO I FOLLOWED THE TIRE TRACKS OF OTHER VEHICLES THAT WERE ONLY IN THE LEFT LANE. DOING WELL UNDER 80KMS NOT HAVING MY FOOT ON THE GAS AT ALL. AS I WAS TAKING MY TIME DRIVING I FELT THE CAR SLOWING SLIDING TO THE RIGHT AND TRIED MY BEST TO CONTROLL THE CAR AS IT REACHED THE RIGHT LANE I KNEW IT WAS GOING INTO THE DITCH.

IT WAS A VERY DEEP DITCH AND COULD NOT BACK OUT.

DID NOT SLIDE FAST VERY SLOW, I GOT OUT OF THE CAR TO SEE THE FRONT BUMPER IS DAMAGE.

CALLED MY HUSBAND TO COME AND CALL CAA.

BUT THEM TWO TOW TRUCKS CAME AND TOLD ME SOMEONE CALLED THE POLICE.

THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY.

I DID GET DAMAGE ON THE BACK BUMPER AS THE TOW TRUCK HAD TO PULL IT UP AND OUT.

THE OFFICER GAVE ME A TICKET FOR CARELESS DRIVING AND SAID WITHOUT POINTS.

AND BECAUSE I HAD DRINKS WITH DINNER I WAS WELL UNDER BUT HAD TO TAKE MY LICENSE AWAY FOR 3 DAYS.

NO OTHER CARS WERE INVOLVED.

NO ONE WITNESSED IT.

I WAS ALONE AND THAT WAS WHEN WE HAD THAT FLASH-FREEZE WEATHER

NOW ALL IM BEING TOLD IS TO FIGHT THIS?

OR LEAVE IT AS THE TOTAL PAYABLE IS WROTE WRONG $325.00 NOT $490.00

HELP!!!

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

warning!! do not type in "all caps", against forum rules and is considered "yelling"

thank you

HB

HTA moderator

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
NANP

by: NANP on

sat feb 11 2011 morning

we had the flash-freezing weather

i was coming home to find a young drunk teen girl in the snow and saw older two men and i was about to turn onto my street which is 3 houses away to feel not right, i decided to turn around and help.

i approached the young teen asking if she would like my help and she replied yes.

so i truned to the men and told then i will help her and they said ok and walked away as i helped her into my car.

talking to her as why shes sitting in the snow with hardly no clothes on. i asked her where should i drive her to a safe place.

she called her boyfriends and as i did not know how to get to his house i decided to tell him to meet us infront of walmart at squareone mall.

we got there waiting for him. to find he walked to my car adn got into the back asking me to drive them to his condo. which was the first condo some people call them the marilyn monroe.

after talking short to the both the boyfriend said thank you and they got out. i turned arounf to drive towards the 403 off of hurontario.

as i entered the 403 slowly noticing the hwy was so full of fresh snow hardly any cars have driven on it and as i merged into the left lane not the fast passing lane so i can stay in other vehicles tire tracks to be safe than driving on fresh snow as i took my foot off the gas as i was doing well under 80kms letting it go down to drive slow.

my car within 10 mins of being on the hwy the car started to slide to the right as i'm trying to control my car and looking to see if other cars are close which there where none. i kept on trying my best to control it as its still sliding to the right and once it reached the lane before the ditch in no time i ended up in it. i'm fine and the car has damage on front and back bumper as it was a deep ditch. i got out to look and call my husband to come and call caa as i have never been in any accident ever.

two tow trucks pulled up and i told they mu husband is on his way. and thats when i was told by them they heard over the radio and they have to wait for the officer to come. i was freezing cold.

the officer came and asked me to come to his car, i got in and he asked for my license then short talk then asked if i have a cell phone?

i said yes and took it out of my clutch purse. he than was pushing the power button, then asked how do i turn it off?

i then told him at the side has a lock button then push power. so he did that then put it down beside him in the front.

then he cautioned me before i told him what had happened.

i told him everything even down to me going out for dinner with two friends on friday and had 3x drinks with dinner.

and how i drank two bottles of water than went dancing in the resturant before coming home to find the young girl around 3:30 am.

the accident happened around 4:30am.

the officer gave me a 3 day suspension as i blow well under the legal amount.

i thought over 6 hours since my last drink i was good to drive.

than he told me he has to give me a ticket and its the best he could give me and when i asked what is the ticket? he said its for careless driving as theres zero tolerence for drinking.

but on my ticket he put wrong amount on it? heard this is an error.

i want hel pto find a good paralegal or lawyer.

please help if any on knows a good one in mississauga

Post a Reply