A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Driver's handbook is not law, but a guideline only. What you have to do is research the actual law for the licence

and coming at you... (google is your friend)

Highway Traffic Act Ontario Regulation 340/94

NOVICE LICENCE CONDITIONS

section 5(1)(5)The motor vehicle may not be driven on a highway designated by subsection (4)

section 5(4)(4) The following highways are designated for the purposes of paragraph 5 of subsection (1):

1. Those parts of the Kings Highway known as Nos. 400, 400A, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 409, 410, 416, 417, 420 and 427 with posted speed limits greater than 80 kilometres per hour.

2. All of the Kings Highway known as the Queen Elizabeth Way.

3. Those parts of the highway known as the Don Valley Parkway, the Gardiner Expressway and the E. C. Row Expressway.

4. That part of the Kings Highway known as the Conestoga Parkway from its westerly limit at its intersection with the Kings Highway known as Nos. 7 and 8 to its northerly limit at its intersection with the Kings Highway known as No. 86.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
NewDriver

by: NewDriver on

^Thanks but I did google that answer earlier this morning. It just reiterates what the handbook is saying, I guess that means I can drive on hwy 11? Sorry if this is bothersome, I just want to be 100% sure. My confusion started with a video I seen on the mto website: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/

On that page there is a video titled "Getting Your Ontario Drivers Licence – Life in G1" and at 2:08 of the video they are talking about restrictions to g1 drivers and the girl says "no high speed expressways", I was just wondering if hwy 11 or any portion of it constituted that.

Post a Reply