Zain

Careless Driving Alcohol Level Between 0.5-0.8 G1

by: Zain on

I recently made a very bad decision for the first time in my entire life. i had two three beers and i decided to give one of my friend a ride to my house. on my way i got stopped in brampton ( dixie & mayfield ) by OPP of Caledon. The officer smelt the alcohol right away and made me do a breathazlizer test. I blew the warning limit ranging within 0.5-0.8. My liscence was immidiately suspended for three days and my car was pounded for three dayzs. One ticket i got is for liscence suspension and the other for driving while under influence. I had a couple of things in my mind that i really wanted to get some feedback on. I had a date for my G liscence two days after i got pulled over. Obvioulsy i couldnt get my G but i wanted to know if there could be any possible points on my record and how long will this stay on my record? If i get my G would it styl show on my record? Would this cause a difference on my Insurance if i apply for it after getting my G? How bad is this situation? Can I or should I hire a lawyer? If i do hire a lawyer would he be able to get rid of any possible points on my liscence?

Zain

I recently made a very bad decision for the first time in my entire life. i had two three beers and i decided to give one of my friend a ride to my house. on my way i got stopped in brampton ( dixie & mayfield ) by OPP of Caledon. The officer smelt the alcohol right away and made me do a breathazlizer test. I blew the warning limit ranging within 0.5-0.8. My liscence was immidiately suspended for three days and my car was pounded for three dayzs. One ticket i got is for liscence suspension and the other for driving while under influence. I had a couple of things in my mind that i really wanted to get some feedback on. I had a date for my G liscence two days after i got pulled over. Obvioulsy i couldnt get my G but i wanted to know if there could be any possible points on my record and how long will this stay on my record? If i get my G would it styl show on my record? Would this cause a difference on my Insurance if i apply for it after getting my G? How bad is this situation? Can I or should I hire a lawyer? If i do hire a lawyer would he be able to get rid of any possible points on my liscence?

sydavid

by: sydavid on

I think all the conviction stay on your record forever no matter you get your G license later or not. And those conviction will affect your insurance rate for certain time period.

Even you get your G license, those conviction will still affect your insurance rate a lot. And honestly, it is not easy for you to get an insurance base on what you be charged . Even you can get one, the price will be sky high.

You can always hire a lawyer or paralegal to help you. How much they can help depends on your case.

I really think you should get professional help for your case.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

sydavid wrote:And DUI -drive under influence is not a traffic offence, it is criminal offence which is much much worse than careless drive.

So, get some money and find a good lawyer.

this is NOT a criminal DUI case.

This is simply a 3 day suspension (Provincial) for being in the "warn" range which is 50 to 99mgs of alcohol in 100ml of blood.

(Which is minimum 4 drinks still in the body at time of stop)

The offence the OP got was for being a "novice driver with BAC above zero" plus an administrative 3 day suspension for the alcohol level.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
sydavid

by: sydavid on

hwybear wrote:
sydavid wrote:And DUI -drive under influence is not a traffic offence, it is criminal offence which is much much worse than careless drive.

So, get some money and find a good lawyer.

this is NOT a criminal DUI case.

This is simply a 3 day suspension (Provincial) for being in the "warn" range which is 50 to 99mgs of alcohol in 100ml of blood.

(Which is minimum 4 drinks still in the body at time of stop)

The offence the OP got was for being a "novice driver with BAC above zero" plus an administrative 3 day suspension for the alcohol level.

Thank you for correct me.

Zain

thx a lot for your posts. i recently talked to a lawyer. He explained me that there will be no points but the only other worry will be having this on your record. He told me that he can take this case and he can work with it so it wont be on my record and wont make me look bad in future. Finally i have a hope that everything will be back no normal hopefully! Even though i learnt my lesson i m glad i learnt it the hard way so in future i wont make any stupid decisions. Once again thanks to everyone who replied. Your comments really matter.

4am

by: 4am on

Zain,

How is your case going so far? What paralegal or law firm have you contacted? I am in a similar position - except I got a 12 hour suspension. It is my first serious offence (I had one speeding ticket of 10 over before) - I am in a tough financial situation (supporting my parents and girlfriend, while paying of loans) and need to assess how much all of this will cost me.

Would you be able to PM me your #? I'd like to talk to you in person... I am slightly depressed about my situation maybe you can guide me abit..

Many thanks,

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

4am wrote: I am in a similar position - except I got a 12 hour suspension. ,

huh 12hr???

it is either a 24hr (only for novice/young driver with BAC above zero) or

WARN - 3 day or

FAIL = arrest

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
4am

by: 4am on

Correct - I got 3 day suspension and 12 hour impound, sorry for the confusion.

hwybear - How likely am I to get the charge changed to drive motor vehicle in contravention of conditions? What are the grounds for this approach.

I had a warn level of 0.012 or 0.02 (drove after two hours of having 1 drink), regardless - I have learnt this is not the way to go on. I cannot afford to have my insurance increased as I am in a tough spot - what must I do?

Post a Reply