Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
Marfy2012

Disobey Sign H.t.a. 182(2)

by: Marfy2012 on

Hello all,

I came across this site after searching my ticket. I am impressed to say the least. Thank you to all of the knowledgeable people sharing information. Pretty awesome.

Well as the title says I received a ticket for "Disobey Sign" under s.182(2) of the H.T.A.

Specifically, I turned left while traveling south on Royal York Rd. onto King George which is marked by the sign attached below as being prohibited between 7-9am. I had no idea the sign even existed and I live around the corner! Anyway, we all know that is no defence.

I plan on taking in my ticket to set a court date. I am new to the system so i thoroughly appreciate the help. I guess my questions are as follows:

1. When I take my ticket in to select option 3, will they try to negotiate with me right away?

2. I gather that it is possible to try to bring up a municipal infraction. I note that interfering with traffic is referred to a lot. I understand that a hta conviction, regardless of demerit points issued, will effect insurance rates. Will a municipal infraction do the same?

2(a) does anyone have experience with having this "switched"? What would the equivalent municipal infraction be in my best case scenario?

3. I note that this is supposed to be a "bilingual" area and the sign does not have French... That would be last resort though.

That being said, should I argue anything else instead? There wasn't much traffic and I didn't hold any one up which I assume is the point of the sign. Secondly, what about arguing that after I initiated the turn by signaling, I saw the sign and deemed it would be safer to make the turn as someone was passing me on the shoulder on my left?

I don't do much care about the initial fine, I just don't want the insurance implications.

I appreciate the help. If you need any help with business immigration matters, pm me. I have expertise with U.S. immigration though. But ya, I really appreciate the help.

Attachments
royalyorkandkinggeorge.jpg
royalyorkandkinggeorge.jpg (36.48 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

wjdgns wrote:Hi,

I got the same ticket this morning at the same location. I was not able to see the sign due to on-coming traffics and pedestrian signals ... what is your strategy at the court ?

Quick look at Google Maps shows the sign displayed twice. There's one placed on the right side of the road and again on the opposite corner at the turn. You'd have an argument in relation to the second sign not being displayed properly, but the first one seems perfectly suitable. Consider the second sign a friendly reminder.

mismail

by: mismail on

hi, i had a similar ticket ( no right turn between 7-9) however, the officer did not mark the time on the ticket. is this enough to get me off?

i am meeting wiht the prosecuter for an Early Resolution Meeting. any adivse?

thanks.

Post a Reply