Probably Not The Right Place, But Fatal Error Questin

Powergrid

Probably Not The Right Place, But Fatal Error Questin

Unread post by Powergrid »

Hi All;

Big stupid mistake I made. Tearing up the grass of a business, slid sideways, tipped my truck up on its passenger side.

Karma...

Anyway, the officer charged me with Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle and Mischief under 5k. I know these are criminal in nature.

However, the officer made three mistakes on the summons/ticket.

1) He had the date/day wrong for the notice to appear. He wrote "Tuesday, October 14". The 14th is a Monday.

2) He had the day/date wrong for court date. He wrote "Monday, December 13". The 13th is a Tuesday.

3) The date of Issue for the infraction was written as "December 5". This happened on November 5, so technically, I'm being charged with something I haven't done yet.

Anyone have experience with these many and types of errors?

Thanks,

OPS Copper

Unread post by OPS Copper »

Wrong forum. Criminal matters are much more serious and you should get a lawyer. Criminal matters are not usually tossed from wrong dates. They are not fatal and dealt with by a new appearance notice if the court date is wrong.

OPS Copper

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

Fatal errors only apply to regular traffic tickets with set fines, not summons (provincial or criminal).

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

Criminal offence is not part of this forum...thread locked

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca