driver111

Failed To Stop And Worried

by: driver111 on

i never encountered a flashing bus before therefore as i approached a flashing bus i didnt know what to do and all the kids that had to leave the bus left the bus

i slowly went by (going in the opposite direction)

but the driver started honking and screaming

i stopped immediately but by then i was at the middle part of the bus and we were just staring at each other

at that point i slowly accelerated and the driver turned forward and then back two times.

this is not my car (but parents) and i have a G2.

what happens from now if the driver decides to report me? (we stared at each other for 10 seconds so im sure he can describe what i looked like.)

this was an honest mistake, not knowing what to do, and with stupidity i went forward instead of staying back..

i know for a fact that i will never do it again (it was a mistake this time, not on purpose), but i do realize these mistakes that i made cannot go without punnishments in ontario, but idont know what the punishments are..

if i get charged, what happens from there ? criminal record? and i read that the ticket range is 400-2000 but what amount is likely?

is it also possible to cancel my insurance after being charged? (secondary driver)

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Unless the driver can actually identify you, it's unlikely you'll be charged. If the driver recorded your licence plate however, the registered owner of the vehicle can receive a ticket. If you're charged as the owner (versus as the driver) there are no demerit points and it doesn't impact your insurance. You simply need to pay the fine. I believe the total fine would be $490.

You may want to notify your parents since they'll be the ones who receive the ticket if they're the owner of the vehicle.

driver111

by: driver111 on

they are notified.

thanks for your reply

how would the driver go about identifying me? is there a process ? (like a lineup?) the description in the report isnt enough right? would the police come to my house to see if the description matches me??

and i see often in this forum that it says "can receive a ticket"

do the cops review the report and decide if its worth ticketing or not?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

If the incident was more serious in nature (i.e. you struck a child) the police would likely make significant efforts to identify who was driving, but thats not the case. Typically the school bus driver simply files a report with the police providing your licence plate number and vehicle description. The police verify that the plate matches the vehicle description, and charge the owner.

While police dont have to proceed with a charge, if the information provided by the driver is correct, they likely will. The only question is typically if the driver recorded your plate.

Post a Reply