Can I Still Appeal After Trail (150km, Reduced 149km) Help!!

J66

Can I Still Appeal After Trail (150km, Reduced 149km) Help!!

Unread post by J66 »

Good morning, i had a trial in the durham court 305 bond st. the cop caught me at 150km/h but i never go 150km coz don't want my car to be towed. i spoke to the cop and he reduced to 149km/h. with a "R" on the side.

i couldn't make it to court so my lawyer went for me, asked him to fight it, but founds out that if take it to trial it will go back up to 150km/h instead of 149km/h, case was lost, and instead of a minor 49km over now is more fine and more points at 50km over.

1) how long do i have to appeal after the conviction date?

2) anyway or reasoning i can still appeal to open this ticket? (coz i wasn't driving at 150)

any advice will be appchiated.

thank you,

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

If you were found guilty, you would have to show some type of error on the part of the Justice of the Peace at trial. You'd have to order a transcript of the trial at your expense, review it and see if there were any errors. Probably best to speak with whoever represented you and see if they believe there were any errors on which you could appeal. My guess is that your chances of getting an appeal for your average speeding trial are slim to none.

J66

Unread post by J66 »

Stanton wrote:If you were found guilty, you would have to show some type of error on the part of the Justice of the Peace at trial. You'd have to order a transcript of the trial at your expense, review it and see if there were any errors. Probably best to speak with whoever represented you and see if they believe there were any errors on which you could appeal. My guess is that your chances of getting an appeal for your average speeding trial are slim to none.

thanks for the response, i went to court to apply for an appeal either way. they ask me not to order transcipt until i hear from them by phone call or mail. i just used reason that i was not aware that going trial will bump speed back to original and was not travalling at that speed.

anymore advise, tips, reasons or processes that i should know, please let me know

thank you,

J