A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

jdavid

Proper Procedure For License Reinstatement

by: jdavid on

I had gotten a ticket and had my license suspended for driving with a BAC above zero, with a G2. I am now nearing the end of my suspension which ends on monday the 19th. I am unaware of what the proper procedure is for having my license reinstated. Will I be able on the twentieth to go to my nearest service canada office and pay the $150 fee to have my license reinstated or am I waiting on a letter in the mail that will tell me to do so? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

-JDavid

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Service Canada does not handle driver licences. Start by calling MTO and see where you can go to pay the reinstatement fee (might be DriveTest but I don't know for sure).

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
HTA128

by: HTA128 on

If your licence was suspended for BAC above zero for young or graduated licence holders then its only a 24 hour suspension. You licence will be taken to the police station where the officer stopped you works out of and 24 hours later you pick it up. There is no record with the MTO.

If your licence was suspended for a WARN range then the period of suspension is 3, 7 or 30 days. Your licence gets sent back to the MTO and you go get a new one when the suspension period is up. There is also a $150 reinstatement fee.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

HTA128 wrote:If your licence was suspended for BAC above zero for young or graduated licence holders then its only a 24 hour suspension. You licence will be taken to the police station where the officer stopped you works out of and 24 hours later you pick it up. There is no record with the MTO.

If your licence was suspended for a WARN range then the period of suspension is 3, 7 or 30 days. Your licence gets sent back to the MTO and you go get a new one when the suspension period is up. There is also a $150 reinstatement fee.

don't think any of the above has anything to do with this post...the OP was already convicted of a G2 licence condition contravention and was suspended automatically for 30 days is what I read

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply