A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

There are several Highway Traffic Act and Transport Canada regulations that cover various equipment height/dimension limits, but they're scattered all over the place. I'd do a search on this forum as I think some people have posted specific limits before. I think the main issue is that your lighting has to be within a certain height of the roadway and wheels have to have adequate protection to prevent road spray.

Just FYI, Ontario laws seem to be pretty vague and relaxed. Many other Provinces and States are less lenient, so just be aware if you plan on driving out of province.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

As Stanton said, they are all over the place, but I would check mudguard requirements under HTA s. 66(3), O/Reg 625 on Tire Specifications (though the only charge is driving with studded tires in s. 9(1) - the rest of the sections just go to whether the vehicle has proper tires per s. 70(3)(a) of the HTA or is unsafe per s. 82). Also check Schedule 1 under Regulation 611, specifically s. 1(1)(c) on mudflaps, s. 4(1)-4(6) on suspension, and s. 7(1)-7(3) on tires. Again these are not related to specific charges, they just go to whether the vehicle is unsafe under s. 82.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”