A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Radar Identified

Snow Tires?

by: Radar Identified on

This isn't entirely HTA related, but here's a little background. For the winter, I'm thinking of buying snow tires for my fiancee (wife as of Saturday) and for my car (2007 Honda Civic). She has a 2007 Saturn Ion. Currently we only have all-season radials. Any recommendations or experiences with different brands or types?

When I was living in Ottawa I had Michelin Arctic Alpin tires on in the winter, but that was a while ago. They worked well but I was wondering if you have any other suggestions. For the past four years I've lived in the Windsor/Detroit area where you could get away with all-season radials, but Toronto, where we moved to a month ago, gets a lot more snow and considering that she does a HUGE amount of driving in York Region (works in Newmarket and drives to places like Sutton and Keswick regularly), I think it's a good idea to get them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

The Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred is an all season tire, but awesome in the snow.

Goodyear link

http://www.goodyear.ca/
At work we use:

- Tahoe = Goodyear Fortera Triple Tred

- Cruisers = Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip GW2

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
ticketcombat

by: ticketcombat on

Radar Identified wrote: I'm thinking of buying snow tires for my fiancee (wife as of Saturday)
Nothing says "romance" like a set of winter tires :-)

Seriously, congratulations on your pending nuptials. Canadian Driver does a winter tire review: http://www.canadiandriver.com/winter/tires/tires.htm

I also remember the Lemon Aid Car guide used to give tire recommendations. Phil relies heavily on NHTSA data for his car recommendations and is on the board of Consumer Reports and founded the APA. You can browse a copy at the library.

And Transport Canada has a "be tire smart" website that covers winter tires. The list was updated this week: http://www.betiresmart.ca/buying/winter ... winterList

Fight Your Ticket!
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Thanks, hwybear & ticketcombat. This info is much appreciated.

Nothing says "romance" like a set of winter tires
:lol:
Seriously, congratulations on your pending nuptials.

Thanks!

Post a Reply