nayyarmukul

Speeding 95 In 60 Zone - Please Help!

by: nayyarmukul on

Hi Guys.

Yesterday I got speeding ticket near Queen Street (HWY 7) and McVean Drive. The cop charged me speeding 95km/hr in 60 zones. He said he used laser gun.

He was standing at red light on McVean Dr facing south and I was driving on Queen st facing west. The moment I crossed him he drove behind me and pulled over me. When I saw him standing at the light I pushed the break and reduce the speed. I guess he saw me reducing speed and found I was speeding.

Anyway, I asked him did you lock me on radar and he said he used laser gun. I said can you show me the reading on it and he said if I want he can even show me how it works. He asked me to come to his car and showed the reading on the laser gun as "95 km/hr at 128 meters". He said he caught me at the distance of 128meters. I am pretty sure I was not speeding at 95km/hr but may be 80 km/hr. I think he just saw me reducing my speed and pulled over me.

When he was showing me the laser gun he said he has no problem reducing the speed but when he didn't reduce it. I asked him and he said he mentioned in his report that court can reduce my ticket and he would have no problem in it which doesn't make any sense to me.

For sure I would be going with option 3 and challenging officer attendance on the trial day. Please advise how I should fight it. My main concern is to save my points and if I am lucky I might be able to get charge dropped.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Post a Reply