Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
tran

Shitty Situation - Help Plz

by: tran on

alright so heres my situation,

Was driving down mackenzie in ottawa, and then i STOPPED at the red light at mackenzie and rideau (right beside milestones). Advanced right turning light came on, im still stopped in the straight lane. I get the green, i advance into the intersection and i get t-boned by an undercover cop car. I get isolated from everyone else ( my passangers and a witness that the COP grabbed )

They all get there statements taken, mine was not taken, the just listened to my story. After all of it, the scene was cleaned up, i was never given an accident report and i get charged with running a red light.

What i am trying to prove is that the cop lied about me running the light when he ran the red, but i have no proof at all. There were no cameras, nothing. The one witness that the cop grabbed said they were following the cop through the green. Unfortunately i do not remember where the witness was during the accident, could of been in front of the cop or behind the cop. For all i know he cop told them to say that they were following him through the green.

So im in a shitt situation, and everything points against me so im not really sure what i should do. I have a court date soon so will i be able to argue for a lesser fine ? any help is appreciated

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

You can request disclosure, which would provide you a copy of the accident report and witness statements. That would give you a good idea of how they determined you were at fault and how strong the case against you is. If there is a credible independent witness, it will be somewhat harder to dispute the charge versus if it was just you and the officer.

tran

by: tran on

diehard wrote:Hello,

Did you get t-boned while it was green, like in the link below?

http://goo.gl/maps/VWXk

I was still stopped when the advance right green was lit, I started going when I got my straight green light. I have a First Appearance soon and i just want the fine reduced at least, i know i have little chance of winning this case so i just want it to be over with.

Post a Reply