A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

nadeem

Traffic Ticket For Expired Plate Sticker

by: nadeem on

My plate is expiring Jan 2010 I was going to renew my plate sticker on Jan 30. But policeman stopped me and told me that you know about your sticker. I replied that yeah I know I am going renew the sticker today….. and it will expire tomorrow jan 31. But policeman told me that your plate is expired!!!!!!!!!!! on your birthday. Which is start of jan and he gave me ticket?

What should I do know becaz as per my knowledge it will expire on last day of jan as written on sticker and all of my friends told. It will expire on jan 31. On feb first it will be invalid.

What should I do know? I got stick rightaway?

Plz help

thanx

:oops:
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

As Simon said the fact that you didn't know isn't a defence. If you decide to fight the charge in Court, the Crown will produce a certificate from the MTO showing that on the date of the offence your plate was expired. Pretty hard to fight the charge.

If it's the cost of the fine that's your concern, request a first attendance meeting with the Crown Prosecutor. Show them proof that you renewed your plate right away and they'll probably offer you a significantly reduced fine (possibly $40-$50) if you plead guilty.

nadeem

by: nadeem on

I was going to renew. But unfortunately policeman stopped me and gave me ticket. I told him that I am going to buy new sticker but instead of giving me warning he gave me ticket. He told me that you can show you new sticker to court. I bought new sticker within one hour of ticket time from Ontario service kiosk time written on receipt.

Any assistance regarding this will be appreciated

Post a Reply