Did You Get The Same Jp For Your Second Trial Date?

Observer135

Posting Awards

Did You Get The Same Jp For Your Second Trial Date?

Unread post by Observer135 »

OK, so here is a question for all of you who went to trial and got an adjournment.

Was the JP the same one or did you end up with a different JP?

Second part to that question would be "is there a way to get a different JP if you feel he is not being fair?"

I'm trying to find out if there is a chance that I would get some one else, or what the odds are of getting some one else.

The JP in my case is very pro prosecution/officer and in his mind you are guilty even before you step into the court room.

I think over the years, he forgot that his main job/duty is to be fair and unbiased.

I just hope I don't get the same one at my adjournment...

Please chime in and give your two cents...

Thank you in advance

Observer135

Posting Awards

I find it surprising that no one has responded to this post.

Would any one please let me know whether or not you had the same JP for your initial and adjourned trail dates?

Thank you

fredfred

Unread post by fredfred »

Observer135 wrote:I find it surprising that no one has responded to this post.

Would any one please let me know whether or not you had the same JP for your initial and adjourned trail dates?

Thank you

I've had two adjournments. On the last one I got the same JP which was good because he was a nice guy. On one about 6 years ago I had a really nasty JP who was very pro-prosecutor. Luckily when he set the new date he apologized to the prosecutor that he wouldn't be there that day and it would be another JP.

I thought the JP tries to schedule you into one of his/her slots for the adjourned date and mentioned it on another forum but hwybear said that isn't the case. You may want to see if he has more info. The post was in the forum: "Re: Picked UP disclosure for trial..Improper ?" in "4 DEMERIT POINTS » Exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/h". This link may get you there:

http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/post18270.html
Observer135

Posting Awards

In case any one is interested or curious, I had my trial today and the JP was a different one today.

This one was much nicer and fair.

viper1

Unread post by viper1 »

Did you win?

How did you get so many new dates?

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"