Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
roxie2919

Failure To Stop At A Red Light

by: roxie2919 on

I was in guelph and driving around the town. The light was red and I needed to turn right, so i slowed down a little bit and saw that there were no oncoming cars and turned. I was pulled over and the cop said that i didnt stop at the red light before i turned right and didnt even slow down. (I am not sure if I slowed down or not but i am pretty sure i did) He gave me a ticket for failing to stop at a red light, it cost over 300. the ticket made no mention that i was turning right when this happened. I am not sure if there is a difference. I have one other ticket from before. How likely is it that I would get this charged dropped? is it worth it to hire a paralegal? last time i got my ticket, I hired a paralegal, i basically had to pay the full amount for the ticket + paralegal fee. So it was a BIG waste of money for me last time, i don't want to waste money again if there is nothing that can be done anyways. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

roxie2919 wrote:I was in guelph and driving around the town. The light was red and I needed to turn right, so i slowed down a little bit and saw that there were no oncoming cars and turned. I was pulled over and the cop said that i didnt stop at the red light before i turned right and didnt even slow down. (I am not sure if I slowed down or not but i am pretty sure i did) He gave me a ticket for failing to stop at a red light, it cost over 300. the ticket made no mention that i was turning right when this happened. I am not sure if there is a difference. It doesn't.I have one other ticket from before. How likely is it that I would get this charged dropped? Depends on the totality of the circumstances in your case, including the evidence the officer has to against you, the viability of any defences you have, your record, whether the certificate is complete and regular on its face, and the prosecutor and the JP involved - in short, too many factors for anyone here to give you an answer. is it worth it to hire a paralegal? last time i got my ticket, I hired a paralegal, i basically had to pay the full amount for the ticket + paralegal fee. So it was a BIG waste of money for me last time, i don't want to waste money again if there is nothing that can be done anyways.Well, that's the risk with hiring a paralegal. There are no guarantees in law, and of course you'll never know what the outcome would have been without representation - it could have been worse. There are generally 2 reasons why someone might want to pay for representation: 1) It's convenient. You don't have to attend court to deal with the matter and 2) Because you think they can do a better job than you of dealing with it. Consider which one you're willing to pay for and that will help you decide whether it's worth it.
NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Post a Reply