surfergrl72

No Insurance, Improper Plates And Sticker, D.l. Expired

by: surfergrl72 on

Hi, i have no idea on what may happen come my court date, this Dec 17th. I was caught driving with No Insurance, Improper Plates ( my old plates from a long time ago ) which were not registered to the vehicle i got caught in. I also had someone else's sticker on my plates. I also found out my drivers licence had been expired as well. Which i really did not know...I have never been charged or arrested for anything in my life except for when this happened November 22nd. I can't afford a laywer as it cost me almost $700.00 in storage fee's and towing charges in order to get my vehicle back. I wanted to get insurance and have my vehicle plated to bring it home but could not afford it due to the large fee's mentioned above. The OPP officer told me that i may only be asked to plead quilty to one charge and have the others dropped since i have never been in trouble with the law before. As well as the fact i was honest and upfront with the officer right from the beginning when he pulled me over. I am hoping to hear from people who may have gone through this before and what to expect the day of court. Things i should say, or not say? What type of fines i am facing and how long you have to pay these fee's off as i am off of work due to a workplace accident and on a low income monthly. Thanks, hope to hear from anyone soon as my court date is this Friday the 17th. I tried to get it set for another day due to not being able to get to court as my Dad has dialysis that day and they expect me there this Friday. Please help, thanks for your time and i appreciate it very much...!!!!

Surfergrl72>>Remember to always be kind to all animals and one another>>
OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

Here you would be looking at a $5000 fine cut to $2500 for the no insurance in a plea deal. The rest MAY be dropped based on the total circumstances. However the fact that you stole someones sticker may negate the deal,

Going to really depend on the prosecutor..

Oh and do not skip court. You can be found guilty with out being there and then the max fines will apply.

OPS

surfergrl72

by: surfergrl72 on

Hi Thanks for your reply. I should have been more clear on the sticker that was attached to my plate. It was a friends sticker, it was not stolen by any means. The officer that pulled me over decided to not place any charge against me for the sticker for my full honesty in the whole situation. Thanks again, i appreciate your reply.

Surfergrl72>>Remember to always be kind to all animals and one another>>
Post a Reply